I grew up in Manhattan, and I love the
city. Although my first love is computers, I am also deeply interested in
general science (specifically physics and biology) and the
applications of computer science to other fields. I work
as an applications developer for North American
Media Engines (NAME), and I do
freelance work as a PC/Mac consultant and desktop publisher/layout
specialist, under the moniker of Horizon's Edge Enterprises.
My other interests include playing pool, video games
reading science fiction; watching movies; having bad taste in
music; and bitching about living in a world apparently populated by mad fanatics with no sense of moral
I am a member of The Philolexian Society,
The Church of the Subgenius, and
Discordian Society, and The Libertarian Party.
My girlfriend, Anne, is currently attending medical school.
Little tidbits about me:
Products I wish I could still find:
- I prefer UNIX for programming, but PC's for real work.
- I generally prefer chocolate to vanilla, except when it's ice
cream or cake.
- I think a good thing to do on New Year's Day is to relax and
watch a Star Wars movie.
- I dig the name "Cheesequake".
- I like Die Fledermaus.
If you know where I can get any of the above, please send me mail
- Peanut Butter Twix
- Tradewinds Iced Tea
- Ice Juicys
- Orbitz (can't seem to find them in NY anymore)
If you want to get me a present, any of the following would be more
- An 11 x 17 color laser printer.
- That full-size model of an X-wing they auctioned off at
- Anything that appeared in the original Star Wars.
- A 21" flat monitor.
- Privitization of the space industry.
- Harry Browne for President.
- DVD movies.
Some of my favorite movies, in no particular order:
Also see my DVD Pages.
- The Star Wars Saga
- Star Trek II & First Contact
- The Alien Trilogy
- The Lethal Weapon Trilogy
- Blade Runner
- Time Bandits
- Terminator & Terminator II
- Heavy Metal
- The Road to Wellville
- Monty Python & The Holy Grail
- Pulp Fiction
- Cyrano de Bergerac
- The Usual Suspects
- Shallow Grave
- Schindler's List
- Strange Days
- The Last Seduction
- True Lies
- Army of Darkness
- A Fish Called Wanda
- Killing Zoe
Some books I really liked:
Our three cats in five pictures:
Back to my home page